Drakteng (brag steng) was one of the eighteen Gyelrong (rgyal rong) kingdoms. In 1702 Tropo Muling was conferred the title of Badi Pacification Commissioner (Badi anfusi, 巴底安抚司) by the Qing Court. Tropo’s second son Wangdra resided in Drakteng, and became Drakteng Gyelpo. Drakteng Gyelpo and Pawang Gyelpo together ruled 850 households, and they did not pay grain tax.
- བྲག་སྟེང་། (Tibetan, Tibetan script, Original)
- Drakteng (Tibetan, Latin script, THL Simplified Tibetan Transcription)
- brag steng (Tibetan, Latin script, THL Extended Wylie Transliteration)
- 巴底 (Tibetan, Traditional Chinese Characters, Tibetan-to-Chinese Transcription)
- 巴底 (Tibetan, Simplified Chinese Characters, Traditional-to-Simplified Chinese Transliteration)
- Badi (Tibetan, Latin script, Pinyin Transcription)
Place ID: F23681